Welcome to my space
I am a graduate student at the Pennsylvania State University working in mathematical physics. After my Master’s at the Perimeter Institute, I was tutoring at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences in Sénégal and interned with the Global Public Policy Institute (GPPi) in Berlin. Beside my academic interests I have been involved in social projects, public policy and video productions.
Fields of interest:
» Mathematical Physics
- In the setting of quantum field theory on curved spacetime, I would like to better understand the notion of entropy and its physical implications.
- In classical gravity, I would like to learn more about physics with a positive cosmological constant leading to an asymptotic de Sitter spacetime.
- During my first year at PennState I looked at horizon complimentarity in elliptic de Sitter space where we performed an observer dependent quantization and provided a translation recipe.
- I was working on a project of my Master’s thesis on shape dynamics, a reformulation of general relativity.
- For my Bachelor’s thesis I worked with analytic expressions for tree-level amplitudes in massless QCD and their efficient implementation.
- During an internship at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics I worked on new spacetime geometries.
» Public Policy
- In summer 2013, I did an internship at the Global Public Policy Institute in Berlin conducting a study on vocational training in fragile contexts.
- While working as a tutor in Africa, I founded with two friends the African Opportunity Network to support African students pursuing an academic carrier.
- During my Bachelor’s I was involved with Common Future, a political think tank lobbying for progressive climate policy.
- Currently, I am in charge of the production of a promotion video about AIMS Sénégal.
- During my Master’s I produced the graduation movie that documents our experiences over 10 months of extensive study.
- During my Bachelor’s I created the layout for the Common Future South-North Journal and a conference portfolio.